SHORT FICTION & AD FILMMAKING
How to engage effectively to entertain and sell. This course in Short Fiction & Ad Filmmaking brings to you a combined understanding of the discipline, application & execution of both Advertising & Cinema in a comprehensive & professional manner.
In Fiction Filmmaking we dramatically narrate the story of the journey of a protagonist with various twists & turns. This ultimately culminates in the protagonist achieving his or her goal as they have set out to achieve, while depicting ideas through the narrative which are meant to inform, educate & entertain.
On the other hand, in Advertising a similar dramatic narrative structure is used to engage the audience but the purpose is to eventually sell a product or a service.
This course offers you:
- An opportunity to develop a film from the idea stage to the ready-to-go-for-shoot stage
- In-depth research for a product to be advertised or for a small story told on film
- Understanding the different stages of production, pre-production and post-production
- Writing a concept to final script, budgeting, putting teams together with cast and crew, identifying and locating equipment, locations and everything else required to get ready for the shoot
By the end of the course students will be working together in two groups developing an ad film and a short fiction project of 3-5 mins ready to be shot.
This is an Online Course and will be conducted via Google Classroom and Google Meet
- Please note that the course is rigorous.
- Please ensure you have a laptop that works efficiently.
- Please make sure you have good internet connection / Wi-Fi connectivity and minimum 12 Mbps speed, minimum 8 GB internet pack per day.
Aditya Seth is an internationally acclaimed independent award-winning Documentary, Short, Advertising & Corporate Film Maker. His documentary Bahadur: The Accidental Brave, on Nepalese labour migration & HIV, won the Best Documentary Award at Dada Saheb Phalke Film festival. Based out of Mumbai and Delhi, Aditya is the President of the Indian Documentary Producers’ Association. Has a sound grounding in theatre & music and has been involved in the making of Short Films, Documentaries & TV programmes in all genres for national as well as international audiences. Was part of the jury at International Documentary Film Festivals in Ontario and Banff. He is also an academic & professor of Film & teaches Filmmaking & related media at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate & PhD levels for the last 20 years. He is an Academic Consultant for University of South Wales, Cardiff, Wales, (UK).